Environment Technician at Dangote Group
Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Environment Technician
Requisition ID: GbokoEnvironmental002
Location: Gboko, Benue
Employment Type: Full time
Department: Health, Safety, Social Performance and Environmental Department(HSE)
Reports To : Principal Health, Safety and Environmental officer
- Implement and follow company Environmental management system
- Conduct daily environmental field inspection and report findings on environmental hazards and incidents with a view to implementing corrective actions.
- Carry out solid waste segregation and ensure proper disposal of wastes generated coal yard, coal yard Weigh Bridge and coal mills.
- Assist with supervision of regular water sprinkling and monitoring of trees planted for Greening Program at coal yard environs.
- Conduct ISO-Kinetic sampling for emission monitoring of flue stacks
- Assist in the campaign for good housekeeping and environmental compliance awareness in coal yard.
- Conduct ambient air quality and noise level monitoring in coal yard and report findings.
- Assist in the implementation of Environmental Management System (EMS ISO 14001) programs for DCP Plant to meet up with environmental compliance obligations.
- Carry out any other functions as may be given by the HSE Manager.
Education and Work Experience:
- National Diploma in Environmental field (Environmental Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Environmental Health and etc.)
- Good project management and organizational skills
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and people management skills
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of applicable MS Office support tools.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in field of Environmental management
- In-depth knowledge of Environmental management system
- Adequate understanding of country environment policies ,rule and regulation
- Good report writing skill
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply