Financial Controller at Petrogap Oil and Gas Limited
Petrogap Oil and Gas Limited was incorporated as a response to the emerging trends in the dynamic Oil & Gas industry. We are a wholly indigenous company and registered player in the Upstream, Midstream and Downstream sectors of the Oil & Gas industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Controller
Employment Type: Full-time
- Maintain stewardship for financial assets and debt, including being in charge of cash management, debt management and investment management functions of the organization and its affiliated entities.
- Research and recommend financing alternatives, analyze options, and provide recommendations to the Management.
- Structuring debt arrangements with lenders, Managing corporate investments, and Monitoring cash flow.
- Maintain corporate liquidity and financial stability.
- Develop and implement daily, monthly, and quarterly cash forecasting models.
- Present financial forecasts based on actual spending and the organization’s financial position.
- Monitor the financial investments and record capital growth
- Advise on the organization’s reserves and investment policy
- Liaise with Tax Authorities, Auditors, and other Regulatory bodies as regards the preparation and filing of the Audited Financials and other Tax related matters.
- Ensuring prompt remittance and various statutory deductions i.e. VAT, PAYE, CIT, Pension Fund, etc.
- Carrying out monthly bank account closing and analysis.
- Carry out bank reconciliation analysis and account audit
- Liaise with Bank on Transaction rates and Foreign Translation rates.
- Payroll administration and preparation of monthly sales reports for analysis.
- Developing and consolidating the departmental and organization’s budget.
- Periodic audit of departmental processes.
- Monitoring compliance in line with accepted accounting principles and company procedures.
- Developing, maintaining, and implementing financial internal controls, policies, and procedures.
- Financial Accounting
- Preparing Financial statements in line with the IFRS standards.
- Prepare the monthly Management accounts
- Responsible for Asset and Liability Management, including a monthly report of the Asset Register.
- Preparing and Maintaining balance sheet schedules, ledgers, profit and loss statements, monthly and yearly financial statements, and other reports
Requirements and Skills
- Knowledge of capital markets, accounting, and business finance
- Strong experience/knowledge in Financial Reporting, Treasury, and IFRS is required.
- Strong financial acumen and analytical skills.
- Broad understanding of global & regional economics.
- Knowledge of financial principles
- Proficient in Excel and Microsoft Suites Good negotiation skills, Innovative, Leadership, Planning, Interpersonal skills, and Communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and Attention to detail.
- Candidates should have 2 years+ of management experience.
- Business acumen with a problem-solving attitude.
- Detailed knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Statutory regulations (IFRS).
- Understanding of taxation commercial law.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 25th September, 2023.