Financial Reporting & Accounting Manager at Sahara Group
Sahara Group is a leading international energy and infrastructure conglomerate with operations in over 38 countries across Africa, Middle East, Europe and Asia. Spanning three decades, we have broken ground and challenged stereotypes across the global business landscape. The women and men who make up our organization are our strongest levers for growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Reporting & Accounting Manager
Job Identification: 25
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Job type: Full-time
General Financial Accounting:
- Ensure that Accounting policies, guidelines for recording financial transaction, prudent accounting.
- principles (in consultation with the CFO) and accounting standards applicable as per statutory requirements of company law are framed and followed.
- Supervise the reconciliation activities and financial close activities.
- Oversees the preparation of Final Accounts, other regular review reports.
- Ensures proper maintenance of General Ledger accounts.
- Ensure the maintenance of accounting controls.
- Conduct periodic reviews of the organisation’s accounting policies & procedures and update where necessary.
- Responsible for periodic book keeping review.
- Bank and Cash management.
- Liquidity management
- Interest rate risk management
- Develop policies and strategies for evaluating different investment opportunities.
- Review investment proposals prepared and forward to CFO for investment decisions.
- Exchange rate risk management
Investments and Fixed Assets Accounting:
- Review the proposals for capital expenditure as per his delegation of power (DOP).
- Maintain Fixed Assets records and reconciliations.
- Ensure correct and accounting for inventory.
Training and Development:
- Conduct Performance appraisal and identifying specific training and skill requirements for officers directly reporting to him
- Perform any other relevant tasks assigned by Director from time to time
- Other Administrative responsibilities.
- Monitor department’s performance through Key Performance Measures.
- Ensure provision of adequate resources for various activities of the department
- Identify training needs of officials and arrange to provide the same.
- Carry out any other duties as requested by the CFO/ CEO of the company.
- Chartered Accountant, MBA will be an advantage.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the field of Finance & Accounting and Financial Management, Banking, Cash, Treasury management etc, and at least 5 years in management position
Skills & Competencies
- Advance Accounting and Financial Techniques
- Strategic thinking skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 1st October, 2022 (05:19 PM).