Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Business and Finance > Job for a Database Officer at Michael Stevens Consulting
Job for a Database Officer at Michael Stevens Consulting
Apr 29, 2019, 8:10 PM
Michael Stevens Consulting - We are a long established and well respected multi-disciplinary management and financial consulting firm with offices in several locations across Nigeria. In other to meet our growth objectives, we are looking for a self-managed and very experienced professional to fill the position below: Job Title: Database Officer Location: Ogun Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor performance and manage parameters in order to provide fast responses to front-end users.
- Map out the conceptual design for a planned database.
- Develop, manage and test back-up and recovery plans.
- Communicate regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security.
- Manage the security and disaster recovery aspects of a database.
- Refine the logical design so that it can be translated into a specific data model and meet storage requirement.
- Install and test new versions of the database management system (DBMS).
- Control access permissions and privileges.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Head, Application Support
- First degree in Electronics, Computer Engineering or any related discipline from a reputable tertiary institution.
- Professional qualification in a related discipline will be an advantage.
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience in a similar role.
- Candidates for this role must have worked or currently working in the manufacturing or food and beverages industry.
- Familiarity with the main data manipulation languages and the principles of database design.
- Strong knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems (Oracle 8 or higher versions, MS SQL Server) and operating systems (UNIX, MS Windows)
- Ability to create and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues and customers.
- Business awareness and understanding of business requirements of IT.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Problem-solving and good analytical skills.
- Communication, teamwork and negotiation skills.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts