Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Education and Training > Job For Registrar at the Federal University Gashua, 26th July, 2019
Job For Registrar at the Federal University Gashua, 26th July, 2019
Jul 26, 2019, 1:21 PM
The Federal University, Gashua, Yobe State, hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below: Job Title: Registrar Location: Gashua, Yobe Description
- This is to inform interested prospective candidates that the Governing Council of the Federal University, Gashua, has declared the post of the Registrar of the University vacant.
- The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the university and is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day general administrative work of the university
- He shall be the Secretary of the Governing Council, the Senate, Convocation and Congregation of the university.
- With such diverse scope of responsibilities, the Registrar is critical to the overall management of the University
- The successful candidate will be required among other things, to train and give professional leadership to all administrative staff so as to ensure efficient and effective administrative performance.
- Possess at least a Second Class Lower Degree in Social Sciences or Humanities from a recognized university;
- Be proficient in IT and be current in deploying it at the level required for efficient job performance;
- Be a member of relevant professional bodies e.g. NIM, IPMN, ANUPA;
- Possession of higher Degree in relevant subject will be an added advantage.
- Candidate must have at least fifteen (15) years post-qualification experience in University Administration;
- The applicant must currently have been at the rank of Deputy Registrar in a recognized university for a minimum of 5 years
- Candidate must not be older than sixty (60) years at the date of assumption of duty on appointment. He should also be of sound health.
- The applicant should be an excellent manager of human resources and a team player.
- He/she must be of sound judgment, pleasant disposition and unassailable integrity
- The position requires a person with proven leadership qualifies nd good public relations.
- The appointment is for a single term of five (5) years only
- Salary and other conditions of service including privileges and entitlements shall be as approved for Registrars of Federal Universities by the Federal Government of Nigeria and as may be modified from time to time by competent authorities.
- Full Name (surname first)
- Date of Birth
- State of Origin/LGA
- Permanent Home Address
- E-mail Address and Phone Number(S)
- Marital Status
- Number of Children (with names and ages)
- Institutions Attended (with dates)
- Academic Qualifications Obtained (with Dates)
- Professional Qualifications/Membership of Professional Bodies (with dates)
- Present Employment, Status, Salary Level & Employer
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Any other relevant information
- Names and Addresses of Three Referees (one of whom must be a professional or authority in university administration and one other must be from the applicant’s current place of work)
- Attach Brief Statement of your Vision for the University.
- Applicants should also request each of their referees to send his/her report, under confidential cover, direct to the Vice-Chancellor, marked, “Referee’s Report for the post of Registrar”.
- Late submissions will not be processed
- Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for interview.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts