Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Retail / Sales > Job Opportunities at Eko Maintenance Limited, 14th October, 2019
Job Opportunities at Eko Maintenance Limited, 14th October, 2019
Oct 14, 2019, 5:21 PM
Eko Maintenance Limited is a rapidly growing Facility Management Company that specializes in maintenance of high rise building facilities with office located in Victoria Island, Lagos. In view of our quest for expansion, we are currently recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Civil Engineer Location: Lagos Job Descriptions
- Schedule material and equipment purchases and deliveries
- Assess the sustainability and environmental impact of projects.
- Assists the Project Engineer in monitoring progress of construction against the programme, and takes steps to ensure the programme is achieved for the various projects.
- Ensures that the project quality control procedures are used for the Project works and monitors it for improvement.
- Evaluates, selects, and adapts construction management and control techniques, procedures, and criteria to suit job tasks, and devises and implements solutions to problems encountered.
- Ensures that team members/sub-contractors effectively identify, manage and report project risks.
- Understand the aspects of dredging, site supervision and construction management of projects.
- Minimum of B.Sc. Degree in Civil Engineering or its equivalent from an reputable and accredited university.
- Min of 4 - 7 postgraduate years of experience and a minimum of 5 years of similar work experience on large construction projects
- Must be Certified
- Must be highly experienced in Quantity Surveying, BOQ, Bidding & Tendering
- Exercise general control over all activities in plumbing works and water treatment.
- Must be competent in handling sewage works
- Maintain pipes and piping networks
- Handling sewage works
- Any other related job
- Take reasonable care of my own safety.
- Take reasonable care of the safety of others that might be affected.
- Comply with all reasonable safety policies and procedures of the company including reporting of hazards or incidents via the company's reporting process
- To take care of all equipment and PPEs in their possession
- Minimum of Trade Test Certificate or its equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years' experience.
- Basic understanding, knowledge and experience in HSE procedures is a pre-requisite.
- The Applicant is expected to be familiar with plumbing works and water treatment.
- Applicant must be competent in welding/ PPR and iron piping networks.
- Support the development of OHS policies and programs
- Advise and instruct on various safety-related topics (noise levels, use of machinery etc.)
- Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures
- Review existing policies and measures and update according to legislation
- Initiate and organize OHS training of employees and executives
- Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issues or non-conformity (e.g. not using protective equipment)
- Oversee installations, maintenance, disposal of substances etc.
- Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy
- Record and investigate incidents to determine causes and handle worker’s compensation claims
- Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to upper management
- Proven experience (3-5) years' experience as safety officer
- In depth knowledge of legislation (e.g. OSHA/EPA) and procedures
- Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices
- Experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
- Proficient in MS Office; Working knowledge of safety management information systems is a plus
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Diligent with great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics
- B.Sc/B.A in Safety Management, Engineering or relevant field is preferred
- Certificate in occupational health and safety
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts