Laundry Attendant at Marriott International
Marriott International is a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laundry Attendant
Job Number: 21016085
Location: Four Points by Sheraton - Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom
Job Category: Housekeeping & Laundry
Brand: Four Points
Position Type: Non-Management
- Operate and monitor washing, dry cleaning, and drying machinery, including adding chemicals and cleaning lint traps.
- Identify stained or damaged items and determine status for repair, spot treatment, rewash, or discard. Inspect cleanliness of articles removed from the washer, dryer, or dry-cleaning machines and place in clean linen carts.
- Set dryers to designated times and temperatures based on fabrics contained in the load.
- Remove lint and debris from dryer screens, dry cleaning filters, and drain traps after each load.
- Fold cleaned articles into designated sizes, either by hand or using a folding machine.
- Maintain accurate records of items laundered.
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
- Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain the confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines (e.g., to identify defects). Stand, sit or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
- Move through narrow, confined, or elevated spaces. Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces as well as up and downstairs and/or service ramps. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards; identity, recommend, develop, and implement new ways to increase organizational efficiency, productivity, quality, safety, and/or cost-savings.
- Interested candidates should possess relevant qualifications.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture.
- We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law