Manager, Physical Security at Stanbic IBTC Bank
Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Manager, Physical Security
Job ID: 64465
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Job Sector: Banking
Work Arrangement: Fully Office Based
- To maintain a safe and secure environment for customers and employees by establishing and enforcing security policies and procedures; supervising the security guard force.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Understand the purpose and application of video monitoring devices and systems and of the components that make up comprehensive monitoring.
- Define and implement standards and specifications of different types of storage devices, safes and other secure facilities.
- Define and implement standards for security protocols related to close protection for selected individuals.
- Understand the procedures needed to respond to emergency situations including the alerting of authorities and the execution of first responder activities.
- Identify and evaluate threats, vulnerabilities and the potential impact of security breaches and mitigate same with appropriate measures.
- Evaluate the physical environment in the building and sites occupied by the bank to determine the suitability of measures implemented to protect people and assets.
- Define and Implement the rules and processes for controlling people's access to the Bank's premises.
- Spot security breaches and Assess the severity and respond in the appropriate manner.
- Develop the Knowledge and understanding of the systems and processes in place to monitor and control building access.
- Assess the appropriateness of the different types of intrusion detection systems and their application to the different types of premises that the Bank occupies.
Minimum Qualification and Experience
- A First Degree or equivalent in Security Risk Management or any other related disciplines
- Postgraduate degree in Security / Safety management, Professional certification in Physical Security/ Information Security related field would be an added advantage
- Military or Paramilitary background and training will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 10 years Security management operations experience with at least 3 years in financial institutions
- Minimum of 7 years knowledge of security equipmentsm, constant self-improvement
- Adherence to policies, processes and procedures.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply