Night Manager at Marriott International
Marriott International is a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Night Manager
Job Number 21016258
Location: Four Points by Sheraton Ikot Ekpene, Raffia City Plaza, Ikot Ekpene, Nigeria
Job Category Rooms & Guest Services Operations
Brand: Four Points
Position Type: Management
Located Remotely? N
- Serves as the property Manager on Duty and oversees all property operations during the overnight shift. Ensures that the highest levels of hospitality and service are provided during the overnight shift. Represents property management in resolving any guest or property related situation. Personally assisting in resolving any issues and completing tasks.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area or
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
Core Work Activities
Monitoring Property Operations:
- Monitors and ensures compliance with all Guidelines to Operations.
- Ensures all employees are in proper uniform and are properly groomed (grooming standards in employee handbook).
- Ensures employees are working in a safe environment.
- Manages all period-end inventories.
Supporting Profitability and Revenue Goals:
- Reviews financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
- Ensures all employees are adhering to proper cash handling procedures and monitors overage/shortages.
- Manages employee hours.
- Works with the leadership team of the property to identify and implement action plans to prevent the reoccurrence of guest issues.
- Assists in the response and resolution of all guest issues received directly from guests or from Guest Relations.
- Assists account receivable clerk in all aspects of job and in keeping all invoices due below 60 days.
- Monitors that the supervisor is researching/processing all chargebacks and rebates on a timely basis.
- Administers plans and actions to keep chargebacks and rebates to a minimum.
Supporting Human Resources Activities:
- Promotes participation in property safety-related programs.
- Monitors employee attendance and records absences / tardiness.
- Promotes teamwork and employee morale.
- Ensures all employees have complete knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Encourages employee relations through gifts, parties, outings.
- Creates incentives that will promote better service and profit for the property.
- Assists operations manager in processing employee payroll weekly.
- Keeps employees informed regarding new operational procedures, standards, or programs.
- Assists supervisors in handling employee performance issues (e.g., performance reviews, counseling, and recommendations).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law