Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > IT and Telecoms > Oracle Database Administrator Job at Growth in Value Alliance
Oracle Database Administrator Job at Growth in Value Alliance
May 1, 2019, 10:42 AM
Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners is a business advisory and market intelligence services firm. Our objectives are to assist organizations to achieve their growth aspirations by providing market intelligence, strategy blueprint, IT solution delivery expertise and business operation improvement capabilities… We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Oracle Database Administrator with SQL Knowledge Location: Lagos Job Description
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the design, development, implementation and repair of the organization’s database. In addition, s/he will be responsible for supporting the Oracle databases and ensuring their performance, availability and security.
- Effectively escalate identified problems to the Oracle development team and other related third-party concerned.
- Support the IT implementation team to ensure high availability of the databases.
- Monitor database performance as well as carry out database backup and recovery.
- Responsible for implementation and release of database changes as provided by the development team.
- Ensure secure services with minimum downtime by proactively monitoring the databases.
- Control privileges and permissions to database users.
- Perform Oracle installations and monitor, tune and provide capacity planning for future expansion requirements.
- Provide regular trend analysis to the service management team, assisting in the optimal resource management/ allocation function of the team.
- Minimum of a good bachelor’s degree in: Computer Science/Electronic Engineering/other Technology-related field, Oracle certification (OCA, OCP ) required.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive work experience as an Oracle database administrator; Experience of managing multiple RDBMS on large systems is a definite advantage.
- Practical experience in monitoring and tuning databases to provide high availability
- Practical experience of other databases – e.g. SQL Server
- Practical experience in managing MS SQL database security
- A good understanding of key customer business challenges and strategies, with specific experience in Telecommunications Service Provider environments
- Strong technical and project management skills, must be resourceful and able to work as part of a team
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills, proven presentation skills.
- A good understanding of the telecommunications industry
- Committed to continuous learning and development on the job
- Very good analytical and conceptualization skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to pay close attention to details
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts