Polytechnic Librarian at Plateau State Polytechnic
The Plateau State Polytechnic, Barkin Ladi was established in 1978 by Edict No. 2 of the same year. It was amended by Edict No. 4 of 1982. The institution was established in order to train middle and high level manpower for the technological development of the country. The institution runs full time programmes in both National Diploma and Higher National Diploma levels. The Polytechnic also has a School of Technical Education where Technical and Technology Teachers are trained. All the full time ND, NCE (Technical) and HND programmes are accredited by the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) and National Commission for Colleges of Education.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates and the general public to fill the position below:
Job Title: Polytechnic Librarian
Location: Barkin Ladi, Bukuru, Plateau
- Appointment to the position of Polytechnic Librarian is by tenure to be preceded by Internal and external advertisement.
- The appointment is for period of (5) years only.
- By direct appointment of a candidate possessing PhD with at least 15 years qualification cognate experience or MLS with 18 years post qualification cognate experience with evidence of registration with professional Library body
- Evidence of Journal publication, Seminar/Conference papers. Local and journal and 21 conference papers, or five chapters in a standard text(s) and text books
- Evidence of community service/knowledge of computer
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit 20 copies of Applications attached with Twenty (20) typewritten copies of their Curriculum Vitae, giving details in the following order:
- Full names with Surname underlined
- Date and place of Birth
- State of Origin Local Government
- Marital status
- Number of and age of children
- Current postal address including Telephone No. and Email address
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Academic Professional qualifications obtained with dates
- Membership of Professional Bodies/Associations
- Academic/Scholarly publications (in Stranded format)
- Previous honors and distinction (if any)
- Previous/ Present employment status and salary
- A statement of his or her own vision for the Polytechnic in the 21st Century
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees who are to forward confidential report on them, directly to the Registrar. Such referees should be able to attest to the candidate's claims of academic/managerial capabilities as well as their characters.
Applications are to be submitted in sealed envelopes addressed to:
Plateau State Polytechnic,
P.M.B. 02023, Bukuru,
Note: Invited applicants must be ready to support every claim with documentary evidence (where applicable) and bring the originals of all their credentials to the interview
Application Deadline 27th July, 2022.