Reconciliation Officer at Stanbic IBTC Bank
Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Reconciliation Officer
Location: Lagos Mainland, Lagos
Job ID: 65087
Job Sector: Banking
Region / State / Province / District: Lagos
Work Arrangement: Fully Office Based
- To support the Team Leader, deliver prompt reconciliation of all accounts under review and ensure there are no long outstanding items that can lead to financial loss for the bank.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Daily Review of GL balances
- Review and reconciliation of Suspense/Transit/Proxy Accounts
- Initiates process of investigation into unusual occurrence in the Branches / Head Officer suspense accounts.
- Ensure cleanliness and Integrity of all Internal/GL accounts in the branches / Head Office entities under coverage through the review of their proof of accounts
- Follow up with Branches / Head Office entities on end of month suspense accounts proofs and all unmatched and outstanding items by generating written queries to the applicable unit / SOL
- Prompt rendition of month end reports on Suspense accounts exceptions and prompt rendition of monthly / Quarterly EFASS reports on Nostro accounts
- Ensure proper filing, storage and retreival for Nostro accounts
- Maintain a culture within the Bank that emphasizes and demonstrates to all the importance of reconciliation and its corresponding effect on service excellence
Minimum Qualification and Experience
- First Degree in Finance and Accounting
- Professional certification in Accounting (ACA,ACCA)
- Practical knowledge of how to input, access and utilize information to analyse Financial statement
- Understanding the branch service standard and practice
- Minimum of 3 years experience covering general banking (i.e. PBB OPS, CIB OPS & Branch Control, etc).
- Comprehensive knowledge of banking transaction processes relevant to products and services offered to customers;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply