School Secretary at Jesuit Memorial College (JMC)
Jesuit Memorial College (JMC) is a Catholic boarding secondary school in Port Harcourt, Nigeria for boys and girls. Open to all, Christians and non-Christians, it is owned and run by the Society of Jesus (Jesuits). It was opened in 2013 in memory of 60 students of Loyola Jesuit College, Abuja, Nigeria who died in the Sosoliso plane crash on 10 December 2005. JMC provides a well-rounded education in terms of conscience, competence, commitment and compassion.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: School Secretary
Location: Mbodo Aluu, Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
- To perform a variety of secretarial, clerical and administrative duties in support of the operation of the school and in support of the principal, staff, students and parents.
- Set up and maintain filing systems for students and staff - paper and electronic.
- Process and track staff leave requests.
- Schedule and confirm appointments for staff members with the Principal.
- Maintain appointment and event calendars.
- Write minutes of meetings.
- Create, maintain and enter information into databases.
- Locate and attach appropriate files to incoming correspondence requiring a response.
- Locate and provide data as requested.
- Notify parents of student absences.
- Over and above all, every staff in Jesuit Memorial College is a role model to the students.
- B.A in English / Secretarial Studies.
- Any higher Degree or qualification, especially in Secretarial Studies is an advantage.
- At least 2 years experience.
- Effective communication and presentation skills,
- Good command of the English Language,
- A team player,
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision,
- Proficiency in the use of Office Suites like Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- A good understanding of adolescent psychology,
- Good interpersonal skills,
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications, Curriculum Vitae and letters of Attestation from their referees (in Microsoft Word formats) and scanned credentials by email to "the Human Resources Manager" via: [email protected] and copied to "the Principal" via: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 27th July, 2022.