Senior Financial Accountant at Rosabon Financial Services Limited
Rosabon Financial Services Limited - Award winning Rosabon Financial Services is a member of the Concept Group. Licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN on April 22, 1993 and being a long standing member of the Equipment Leasing Association of Nigeria (ELAN), the organization has evolved into Nigeria’s leading Non-Banking Financial Intermediary and Equipment Leasing firm focused on niche and general markets.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Financial Accountant
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Maintaining accurate books, records and schedules of all accounts.
- Ensures timely preparation of periodic financials reports
- Prepare for and review annual audit work papers and ensure adjustments journals are passed to agree company’s books and records with the audited financial statements;
- Work with internal and external auditors during field work exercise and in the preparation of annual audited financial statements.
- Monthly review of bank reconciliations, loan schedules, etc.
- Manage all intercompany transactions and ensure reconciliation
- Develop and monitor all financial systems with a view to improve and streamline procedures.
- Ensure that policies and procedures set by Group are implemented and internal controls are operating effectively.
- Responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate completion of all weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Ensure that all accounting systems, procedures are in line with the International Accounting Standards and International Financial Reporting Standard
- Maintain quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting;
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties including customers, vendors, advisors and external auditors
- Maintain efficient and effective fixed assets system covering the day-to-day recording and control over the company’s fixed assets.
- Scrutinize payment vouchers before payment is effected with a view to controlling expenses.
- Attend to internal and external Audit request/enquiries and ensure Audit report recommendations are followed up and implemented according to the company’s procedures.
- Ensuring timely rendition of statutory returns to government agencies
- Ensure and supervise the documentation of Asset & Liabilities Committee Meeting ( ALCO)
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls;
- Continuously update, review and document the Company’s financial policies and procedures
- Lead staff development and succession planning for financial Control team members
- Actively recruit, mentor and develop team members’ capability and future leadership potential
- Ensures statutory and internal reporting are in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations, and are fully compliant with company’s policies and procedures
- Implements effective accounting procedures and internal controls which conform to corporate standards and best practices.
- Other functions that may be required by Management.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics or related fields
- 5 years experience in the field at minimum, preferably in the Financial Services industry
- Internationally recognized accounting professional qualifications (ACA CPA, ACCA, CMA,)
- Proven record of leading and developing subordinates
- Strong ability to prioritize, multi-task and delegate
- Solid team player with high energy and go get attitude to deliver results
- A high degree of resilience, self-initiative with a positive attitude
- Mature, proactive, resourceful and hands-on with good initiative.
- Strong Analytical and problem-solving skills and meticulous
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Well–developed accounting skills and IFRS Knowledge
- High level of integrity and ethical behaviour - sets a good example
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail