Stanbic IBTC Bank recruitment for a Personal Banker
Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on
emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's
financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us
guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial
solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the
latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant
working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are
looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Personal Banker
Job ID: 49941
Location: Shauchi, Kano
Job Sector: Financial Services
Job Details: Retail & Business Banking.
How to Apply
- Proactively promote a relationship-based offering through operating
as a dedicated and primary point of contact for customer in the branch,
providing banking solutions which meet the customer’s needs in
accordance with each of personal banking segment’s value proposition.
- Provide an efficient personal banking service and support to a
portfolio of branch based clients across the Gold, Silver and blue
- Achievement of expansion, cost management and customer retention targets through a proactive call plan and active cross selling.
- Provide customers at the branch with basic day – to – day services.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Retain customers (Blue, Silver and Gold) as per the criteria
outlined in the segment value proposition and reflected by the Country
- Liaise effectively with the sales team to ensure seamless transfer
of clients after sale has been concluded to relationship management.
- Conduct a needs analysis with all new and existing customers to
ensure that product opportunities identified are appropriate to meet the
customer’s needs and priorities.
- Conduct a comprehensive calling/contact management programme for all customers aligned with the cost to serve proposition.
- Pro-actively manage the portfolio to maximise revenue for the Bank
(referring to fees, margins and sales), minimise costs and risks, whilst
maintaining and entrenching the customer’s relationship with the Bank
- Pro-actively identify cross-sell opportunities within own portfolio
of customers to maximise life cycle opportunities. Be guided by the
segment value proposition and sales targets as to what the priority
products are both from a bank and customer perspective.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor's degree in any related field.
- 2 years banking experience, preferably interfacing with customers.
- Strong relationship management background.
- Experienced in upholding the highest levels of service.
- Experience in completing credit applications successfully.
- Knowledge/Technical Skills/Expertise
- Demonstrate high levels of computer literacy - able to
capture/update customer database, successfully complete product/lending
applications, ensure credit maintenance, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft word and excel.
- Time management
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to handle matrix reporting.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the different personal and segment value proposition.
- Knowledge of local market environment and financial issues that may impact portfolio.
- Working knowledge of bank systems and operations
- Thorough understanding of credit principles as well as application and maintenance processes.
- Knowledge of the banks organogram and awareness of relevant reporting lines.
- Interpret financial statements; assess sources of income and basic
customer affordability calculations (debt to income ratio, loan to value
ratio, installment to income ratio, etc).
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply