Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Business and Finance > Job Vacancies In A Reputable Tax Management Firm
Job Vacancies In A Reputable Tax Management Firm
May 2, 2019, 5:47 PM
21Search Limited - Our client, a Tax management Firm is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Receptionist/Operations Personnel Location: Lagos Job Description
- Man the front desk of the Firm and receive all guests of the firm
- Take responsibility for all the operations and facility needs of the Firm and undertake related accounting functions.
- Supervise the Operations and Facilities Support in the carrying out of his daily function, particularly in ensuring the cleanliness and smooth running of the office and related functions.
- Maintain all vendor relationships (including but not limited to IT service providers, health insurance service providers, printers etc) except for finance-related professional service providers including auditors, company secretaries etc.
- Create new vendor relationships where necessary.
- Maintain a documented system of procurements and withholding tax payables.
- Manage the Firm’s operations cash flow and ensure a minimum monthly saving of 25% of the Firm’s monthly cash-float.
- Ensure that enough funds are available to meet the ongoing operational needs of the Firm.
- Engage in cost-reduction analyses in all areas of the operations of the Firm.
- Work in conjunction with the Finance Manager in preparing the Firm’s monthly operations budget.
- Work in conjunction with the Business Development Manager in managing the Firm’s front desk area including receiving all calls coming into the Firm.
- Take responsibility for the logistics needs of the Firm.
- Highlight all equipment needs of the Firm and subject to the authorization of the Managing Director, undertake the procurement in accordance with the Firm’s procurement policies.
- Put in place effective measures to avoid waste and ensure all operational expenditures are within the Firm’s budget.
- Should posses a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in any field.
- Must possess a minimum of 2 years of professional experience in a related role.
- Must be charismatic, friendly, polite and quick on their feet.
Job Title: Accountant Location: LagosRoles and Responsibilities
- Research, Data Collection, and Reporting
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Accomplishes the result by performing the duty.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited College/University in an appropriate field (Accounting, Banking and Finance, Economics)
- 2+ years of professional experience in a job comparable to the job description above
- Strong sense of client services orientation, good communication skills and team-building, mentoring and leadership abilities
Job Title: Financial Controller Location: LagosSummary
- The successful candidate will oversee the company’s overall financial function and will work together with the management team to determine effective ways of growing the company’s finances.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Ensure effective management of company’s financial resources
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Organise finance function as may be required from time to time to ensure close alignment to business needs and changes in processes
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance.
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Advise the CEO on major financial decisions and ensure/enforce the proper execution of company’s financial policies and guidelines
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Additional controller duties as necessary
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in an appropriate field (Accounting, Banking and Finance, Economics) and be a member of at least one professional accounting body.
- Must possess a minimum of 7 years of professional experience in a related role.
- Must be charismatic and posses a strong sense of judgement and wit.
Job Title: Tax Associate Location: Lagos Job DescriptionHow To Apply Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com with the subject "Job Title".
- Undertake multiple engagements and work with your Team members and other professionals and business support personnel in the provision of all service needs of Clients.
- Deepen the knowledge-base of the Firm in the Tax Desks, particularly those assigned to you.
- Identify and make detailed proposition for any new Tax Desk for the Firm
- Maintain healthy relationships with all regulators and relevant tax authorities whose action or inaction may have a direct or indirect impact on the business of the Firm.
- Manage risks and ensure that the practice of the Firm is in accordance with extant laws and regulations at all times.
- Keep all practice-related information, particularly Clients’ information as confidential as possible.
- Support your Supervising Partner in all his practice development efforts.
- Must have a bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in an appropriate field (Accounting, Banking and Finance, Economics) and be a member of the Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria.
- Must possess a minimum of 3 years of professional experience in a related role.
- Must be able to demonstrate quick and sound decision- making ability.
- Must be charismatic and posses a strong sense of judgement and wit.
Application Deadline 30th May, 2019.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts