Tax Officer at New Material Nigeria Company Limited
New Material Nigeria Nigeria Company Limited (SINOMA) is a subsidiary of China National building materials group Company Limited (CNBM), one of the world's top 500 companies. The company is mainly engaged in high-end fiber cement board and other new, green, environmental protection wall materials business, is a set of industrial investment, product research and development, production, sales as one of the large industrial platform. Our company adheres to the integrity, quality, continuous innovation, win-win business philosophy, and we focus on strengthening research and innovation, and pay attention to quality and efficiency, to create outstanding performance. The company will be committed to green, low-carbon and scientific development, to make contributions to the construction of a beautiful world. At present, the company has invested in the establishment of a factory which is based in the town of Kuje, Abuja, Nigeria and in the later stage, it will also set up locations in many regions of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Tax Officer
Location: Kuje Area Council - FCT, Abuja
Employment Type: Full-time
- Handle tax planning and management.
- Handle personal income tax planning and management as it relates to PAYE, ITF, Pension,NSITF etc
- Support in tax compliance reviews - CIT, WHT, VAT, PIT, etc
- Review Computations, Work papers and State Income Tax Returns, Estimates and Extension
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of company income tax laws, regulations and current developments.
- Participate in external audits and internal reporting
- Develop procedures to improve compliance and reporting processes
- Handle tax investigations / tax audits with state internal revenue services.
- Execute and provide advice on all personal income tax matters to staff members
- Handle and deal with both Federal Inland Revenue services, States Internal Revenue Service and other Relevant Regulatory Authorities
- A Bachelor’s Degree in an Accounting, Finance or Business discipline, supported by minimum of 5 years’ work experience in data analysis, capture, transformation, and understanding business processes.
- ICAN, CITN certification (or equivalent) will be an added advantage
- Excellent organizational skills, having the ability to prioritize workload whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills and a collaborative approach to management
- The flexibility to constantly learn and adapt in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess a minimum of 5 years working on tax issues within a tax consulting environment
- Minimum of 5 years post- graduation relevant experience with at least 3 years at Senior Consultant level in the industry preferably starting career with tax practice
- Strong interest and passion for tax consulting and aiding the organization resolve complex tax issues.
Key Indicators of Success:
- Meet local tax and statutory filing requirement for responsible entities - no delayed filings
- Cash forecast accuracy / Tax provision forecast accuracy
- Successfully implement local statutory and tax changes
- Proactively collaborate with key partners to early flag and escalate risks and issues.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 19th October, 2022.