University Librarian at Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University
Apr 19, 2021, 9:23 PM
Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University is Federal Government-owned located in Bauchi, Bauchi State with its two (2) campuses at both Yelwa and Gubi campuses. The University is Information and Communication Technology (ICT) driven and has cut a niche for itself in Science, Technology and Engineering courses nationally and internationally. It is envisioned to be a world class University committed to excellence in teaching and research, and the production of a generation of leaders worthy in character with passion for service and integrity The University is committed to the advancement of knowledge in science and technology.
The Governing Council hereby invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates for appointment into the position below:
Job Title: University Librarian
The Office and Responsibilities
- The University Librarian shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the administration of the University Library and the co-ordination of the library services in the University and its campuses, colleges, faculties, schools, departments, institutes and other teaching and research units.
Qualification and Experience
- Candidates should possess a PhD in Library Science / Library and Information Science with at least fifteen (15) years cognate experience in University librarianship, out of which five (5) must be as a Deputy University Librarian in a recognized University. The candidate must possess NYSC Discharge certificate or Exemption certificate or certificate of exclusion where applicable.
- The candidate should also have an evidence of registration with the Library Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN) and he/she must not be more than 65 years of age at the time of assumption of duty.
- Candidates should show evidence of scholarly publications in reputable journals and ability to initiate, undertake and supervise research, as well as considerable professional and administrative experience to run the library of a University of Science and Technology.
- In addition, the applicant must possess skills in managing small and large libraries particularly, in areas of library oriented softwares and systems (SURPASS, Lucidea Integrated Library Systems, Koha ILS, L4U, OPALS, Destiny Library Manager, Handy Library Manager, Insignia Library System, Access-It Library, MODERNLIB, Atriuum, LIBRARIAN, Readerware, etc).
Condition of Service
- The appointment is for a single term of five (5) years.
- Salaries and other conditions of service shall be as provided for University Librarians of Federal Universities by the Federal Government of Nigeria and the Governing Council of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward thirty (30) copies each of their Applications and detailed Curriculum Vitae. The Curriculum Vitae should highlight the following:
- Full name (Surname first in capital letters).
- Date of birth.
- Place of birth.
- State of Origin and Local Government Area.
- Marital Status.
- Permanent home address (not P.O. Box or PMB).
- Current postal address.
- E-mail address and G.S.M. number.
- Institutions attended with dates.
- Academic and Professional Qualifications with dates.
- List of publications with detailed tittles, publisher and dates.
- Honours, distinctions, and membership of professional societies.
- Working experience with dates.
- Present employment, salary status and dates.
- Extracurricular activities.
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees.
Applications and detailed Curriculum Vitae with copies of credentials attached should be sent, through a registered courier company, in a sealed envelope and marked "Post of University Librarian" on the top left corner, to reach:
Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University,
P.M.B. 0248, Bauchi,
- Candidates should request their referees to send reports on them, under confidential cover, in a sealed envelope and marked “Post of University Librarian” on the top left corner, to the Registrar, Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi before the deadline.
- Candidates are enjoined to strictly adhere to all instructions
Application Deadline 24th May, 2021.