University Librarian at Redeemer's University
Redeemer's University is a private, faith-based University, owned by the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG). It was licensed by the Federal Government of Nigeria in January 2005. The University is committed to the development of high quality moral and academic standards, both at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
Redeemer's University hosts the World Bank supported African Centre of Excellence for the Genomics of Infectious Diseases (ACEGID), Audacious Sentinel Project (2020), and has won several awards and grants. The University is the recipient of the Alexander von Humboldt Grant (2020), Al'Sumait Prize for African Development (Health) in 2021 and the Winner, 2022 NAS Gold Award for Best University in Science so on. The University was rated as the Best Private University and the Second Overall Best University by the Nigerian Universities System, 2021 Ranking.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: University Librarian
Location: Ede, Osun
The Tekena Tamuno Library
- The Tekena Tamuno Library is the academic library of Redeemer's University, Ede. The Library started operation in October 2005 when the University commenced academic activities. The Library houses over 30,000 volumes of books and about 300 titles of periodicals in its collection. Apart from the print collection, the library provides access to millions of electronic resources available in many online databases, including EBSCO, HINARI, AGORA, JSTOR, PubMed, etc., to cater for the information needs of students, lecturers and researchers in the disciplines where the University mounts academic programmes.
- The Tekena Tamuno Library depends on the robust ICT infrastructure of the University to drive its operations and services. The Library renders most of its services electronically using Koha ILS since 2011 and DuraSpace repository management system since 2019. The Library employs skilled and resourceful professional and support staff members to drive its processes and activities.
- The Tekena Tamuno Library is envisioned to be the gateway to quality information sources and resources, irrespective of format and location, to support learning, teaching and research within and outside Redeemer's University at the cheapest cost.
- The University Librarian shall be a full-time officer and shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration and management of the Tekena Tamuno Library. By virtue of the position, the University Librarian is a Principal Officer of the University who should be able to provide administrative and academic leadership to the Library staff.
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidates must be 'ICT literate with considerable work experience in an automated library and must be capable of interacting with robust library management software.
- Candidates who must enjoy good physical and mental health should be a Deputy University Librarian (DUL) in a university and must not be older than sixty-five (65) years of age on assumption of duty.
- Candidates must have a good Master's Degree in Library and Information Science (MLIS/MLS). In addition, possession of a doctorate degree (PhD) in the same field is a requisite.
- Candidates must have a minimum of fifteen (15) years cognate experience in an Academic Library.
- There must be appreciable evidence of scholarly publications, in quality and quantity, in reputable high impact journals.
Terms and Conditions of Service
- The University Librarian shall hold office for a single term of five (5) years.
- Redeemer's University offers an enhanced remuneration package applicable to the post.
- The remuneration and other conditions of service shall be as approved by the Board of Trustees/ Council from time to time.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit thirty (30) sets of type-written applications with detailed curriculum vitae (CV) and clear photocopies of credentials and supporting documentation. The CV should be presented in the following order:
- Name (underline Surname)
- Place and Date of Birth
- Nationality / State of Origin
- Marital Status / Number and Ages of Children
- Postal / Contact Address (with Phone No. and e-mail address)
- Name and Address of Spouse
- Name and Address of Next of Kin
- Post Desired
- Educational Institutions Attended with Dates
- Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Membership of Professional Bodies
- Distinctions and Awards
- Work Experience with Full Details of Former and Present Posts
- Current Position and Date of Last Promotion / Appointment
- Current Salary and Status / Grade Level
- Major Academic-Related Services to the Nation outside the University System
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Names and Addresses of Three Referees.
- Proposed date of availability for duty if selected.
Applications and supporting documents are to be forwarded to the address below:
P.M.B. 230, Ede,
Submission of hard copies should be accompanied by full electronic submission of the application and accompanying materials, to be mailed as attachments in PDF or MS Word format to: [email protected] The subject line should be "Application for the Post of University Librarian".
Application Deadline 11th July, 2022.