Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Education and Training > Vacancies at Federal University Lokoja
Vacancies at Federal University Lokoja
Apr 7, 2020, 9:25 PM
The Federal University Lokoja (FUL) was established in February 2011 and is located in Lokoja, Kogi State, North-Central Nigeria, about 160 Kilometers from Abuja the Nation’s Capital. It is a conventional University that is striving to excel in both Academic and Research activities in order to compete favourably with other Universities worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Bursar Location: Lokoja, Kogi
- The Bursar is the Chief Financial Officer of the University responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the University
- He / she should provide the University Management with appropriate advice and support for all the institutions financial transactions.
- Possess a good Honours Degree in Accounting from a recognized University possession or a higher degree(s) is an added advantage;
- Must be a qualified member of a professional body such as ICAN, ACCA, ANAN, CIMA, CPA;
- Must have a minimum of fifteen (15) years cognate experience, ten (10) years of which must be unbroken service in the University system;
- Must have attained the rank of a Deputy Bursar, or its equivalent in a University.
- Must not be above 60 years of age at the time of appointment.
- Must be computer literate with a working knowledge of relevant accounting packages.
- Must possess NYSC Discharge Certificate or Evidence of Exemption.
- Applicants for the post of University Bursar must have in the past exhibited a considerable degree of competence, responsiveness, demonstrable Integrity and transparency on matters of financial administration and management.
- In addition, candidates should demonstrate the ability to relate effectively with financial stakeholders.
- The candidate should be able to command the respect and loyalty of staff and students of the University.
- Candidate must provide a Vision Statement of not more than 500 words relating to the University in his 5-year tenure with particular reference to the administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
Salary / Condition of Service
- The salary and conditions of service for the Bursar shall be as obtainable in the Federal Universities in Nigeria.
- The successful candidate for the Office of Bursar shall serve a single term of five (5) years from the effective date of appointment.
Job Title: Librarian Location: Lokoja, Kogi
- The Librarian shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the overall administration of the University Library and conditions of Library services in the University, its Campuses, Departments, other Teaching and Research Units and the entire University Community.
- Be professionally qualified and be a practising Librarian / Academic,
- Possess a good Honours Degree and a PhD in Library and Information Science from a recognized University, with at least fifteen (15) years cognate experience, preferably in the University system.
- Have attained the rank of Deputy Librarian or equivalent in a University.
- Have contributed to knowledge through research and publications in reputable journals, as well as possess proven record of sound administrative leadership.
- Be a registered member of the Library Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN);
- Be computer literate and proficient in relevant computer applications
- The University Librarian is a Principal Officer and the head of the University’s Library, candidate for the post shall be visionary and have the ability to provide good leadership;
- The candidate must possess personal integrity and demonstrate transparency in private and public life;
- The candidate must be able to command the respect and loyalty of staff of the University.
Salary / Condition of Service
- The Salary and Conditions of Service of the University Librarian shall be as obtained in Federal Universities in Nigeria.
- The successful candidate for the Office of Librarian shall serve a single term of five (5) years from the effective date of appointment.
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should submit Fifteen (15) copies of their Applications and Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of their Credentials. The Curriculum Vitae should highlight the following:Application Deadline 19th May, 2020.
- Full name (Surname First in Capital Letters)
- Place and date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- E-mail Address and Phone Number(s)
- Postal Address
- Permanent Home Address
- State of Origin and LGA
- Schools attended and qualifications obtained with dates
- List of Publications
- Honours / Distinctions
- Positions held with dates
- Present Employment, Status, Salary and Dates
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Membership of Professional Bodies / Learned Societies
- Names and Addresses of 3 referees
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts