Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Education and Training > Vacant Job For Vice-Chancellor at Nasarawa State University
Vacant Job For Vice-Chancellor at Nasarawa State University
Jan 28, 2019, 12:46 PM
Nasarawa State University, Keffi was established under the Nasarawa State Law No.2 of 2001. At present, the University runs a robust Postgraduate Programmes of international repute and Seventy Three (73) Undergraduate programmes across eight (8) Faculties, namely; Administration, Agriculture, Arts, Education, Natural & Applied Sciences, Law, Social Sciences and Environmental Science. The University is one of the vibrant and fastest growing citadels of learning in Nigeria and is situated at about 50 kilometers from the Federal Capital, Abuja. The Council invites applications from suitably qualified candidates with cognate experience in University teaching and administrative for the position below: Job Title: Vice-Chancellor Location: Nassarawa State The Job The Vice-Chancellor is the Chief Executive and Academic Officer of the University, ex-officio Chairman of the Senate and Member of the Governing Council of the University. Among other functions, the Vice-Chancellor shall:
- Be competent at all times to advise the Council on any matter affecting the policy, finance and administration of the University,
- Be generally responsible to the Council for maintaining the efficiency and good order of the University and for ensuring the proper enforcement of Laws and Regulations;
- Be responsible for general discipline in the University
- Regulate the admission of the students in accordance with the approved guidelines and procedure.
- Demonstrate commitment to the cardinal values of merit, consistency and fairness as operating principles and can apply these across board;
- Have a core discipline or area of specialization to one of the Departments in the University;
- Be able to attract research grants and complementary funds from local and international agencies, and further uplift the academic status of the University;
- Be a person who is not likely to foster personal, ethnic, political, religious or other sectional interest;
- Have a good understanding of the Vision and Mission of the University:
- Should be in a position to ensure the enforcement of University Laws and Regulations;
- Must be of sound health and pleasant disposition; and
- Be capable of supervising the overall growth and development of the University.
- Be a distinguished Professor of a minimum of Seven (7) years standing with demonstrated ability to provide exemplary academic leadership and proven management capability.
- Be a scholar of outstanding national and international repute with a Ph.D in his/her discipline;
- Be a person of strong character and ability to give courageous and effective leadership;
- Be a person capable of inspiring the advancement of learning and reaching out to all persons without discrimination;
- Be of high integrity and strong moral character to inspire and maintain discipline among staff and students;
- Have irrevocable commitment to best practices in corporate governance with particular emphasis on accountability, transparency and probity;
- The salaries and conditions of service are as applicable to the post of the Vice-Chancellor in Nigerian Universities.
- Full Names with surname underlined
- Date and place of birth
- Marital status, number and ages of children
- Educational Institutions attended and Academic qualifications obtained with dates
- Working experience, giving details of positions held, special awards/appointments etc
- Membership of scholarly organizations and/or professional bodies
- List of books and academic publications (in standard format)
- Previous Employer(s) and post(s) held with dates
- Present Employment including status and salary
- A statement of the candidate’s own Vision for the University in the 21st Century of not more than 1000 words (30 copies)
- Extracurricular activities and interests
- Each candidate must have three (3) referees who should be requested by the candidates to forward their referee’s reports directly to the Registrar under confidential cover. Such referees should be in a position to attest to the candidate’s claim to high academic standard, managerial capability and moral uprightness.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts