Territory Sales Manager Job Description
Job Descriptions > Sales > Territory Sales Manager
Common questions people ask include:
What is the job description of a Territory Sales Manager? What are the duties and responsibilities of a Territory Sales Manager? What does a Territory Sales Manager do?
Job Description of a Territory Sales Manager
Territory Sales Managers oversee the daily sales operations of Sales Representatives that are assigned to a particular geographical area. They train sales employees, develop effective sales strategies, and ensure that sales quotas for an assigned territory are met.
Territory Sales Manager Duties and Responsibilities
Territory Sales Manager job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Traveling throughout an assigned territory to train and guide company Sales Representatives.
- Maintaining solid working relationships with customers by ensuring that their needs are met and resolving complaints in a timely manner.
- Attending trade shows to promote company products and services.
- Ensuring that brand awareness within an assigned territory meets company expectations.
- Motivating Sales Representatives to achieve sales quotas and evaluating their performance based on their ability or inability to achieve sales quotas.
- Monitoring competitors’ sales activity within an assigned territory.
- Continually meeting or exceeding sales targets by persuading customers within an assigned territory to purchase company products and services.
- Analyzing sales and marketing data to determine the most effective sales and marketing techniques.
- Developing innovative sales strategies to increase sales within an assigned territory.
- Conducting surveys to better understand customer needs.
Territory Sales Manager Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
Territory Sales Manager job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Business Management, Marketing, or related field is preferred.
- Proven experience working as a Territory Sales Manager.
- Sound negotiation and consultative sales skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal Territory Sales Manager starts with crafting a good job description. Use this Territory Sales Manager job description example to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs. Job seekers interviewing for the role of a Territory Sales Manager may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
Similar to Territory Sales Manager Job Description