Independent Sales Representative Job Description
Job Descriptions > Sales > Independent Sales Representative
Common questions people ask include:
What is the job description of an Independent Sales Representative? What are the duties and responsibilities of an Independent Sales Representative? What does an Independent Sales Representative do?
Job Description of an Independent Sales Representative
Independent Sales Representatives are independent contractors that work on a commission basis to sell companies' products and services to customers.
Independent Sales Representative Duties and Responsibilities
Independent Sales Representative job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Identifying potential customers through networking and following leads.
- Arranging meetings with potential and existing customers to present company products.
- Persuading customers to purchase company products by highlighting product benefits and key features.
- Building and maintaining solid working relationships with both new and existing customers.
- Negotiating pricing with suppliers and vendors to encourage purchases.
- Promptly submitting purchase orders to the relevant department for processing.
- Following up with customers to inquire into whether purchased products meet their expectations.
- Filling out the necessary paperwork and obtaining customers' signatures to complete each sale.
- Addressing customer concerns and resolving complaints.
Independent Sales Representative Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
Independent Sales Representative job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Bsc degree is desirable.
- Certified Sales Professional (CSP) certification is advantageous.
- Proven sales experience.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- The ability to travel to customers.
- The ability to work independently.
- Strong negotiation and consultative sales skills.
- Valid driver's license.
As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal Independent Sales Representative starts with crafting a good job description. Use this Independent Sales Representative job description example to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs. Job seekers interviewing for the role of an Independent Sales Representative may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
Similar to Independent Sales Representative Job Description