Guest Service Representative Job Description
Job Descriptions > Tourism and Hospitality > Guest Service Representative
Common questions people ask include:
What is the job description of a Guest Service Representative? What are the duties and responsibilities of a Guest Service Representative? What does a Guest Service Representative do?
Job Description of a Guest Service Representative
Guest Service Representatives are hospitality specialists who typically work at hotels. Their primary responsibilities include providing front desk services to guests, processing guest payments and acting as an information source on various matters.
Guest Service Representative Duties and Responsibilities
Guest Service Representative job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Greeting guests upon arrival and making them feel welcomed.
- Administering check-ins and check-outs.
- Providing front desk services to guests.
- Assigning rooms and taking care of administrative duties.
- Being a source of information to guests on various matters such as transport and restaurant advice.
- Processing meal and beverage requests.
- Accommodating general and unique requests.
- Diffusing conflict or tense situations with guests.
- Delivering mail and messages.
- Processing guest payments.
- Coordinating with bell service and staff management.
Guest Service Representative Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
Guest Service Representative job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Customer service experience.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Conflict resolution experience.
- Patience and good listening skills.
- Certificate or diploma in hospitality advantageous.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal Guest Service Representative starts with crafting a good job description. Use this Guest Service Representative job description example to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs. Job seekers interviewing for the role of a Guest Service Representative may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
Similar to Guest Service Representative Job Description