Restaurant Cook Job Description
Job Descriptions > Tourism and Hospitality > Restaurant Cook
Common questions people ask include:
What is the job description of a Restaurant Cook? What are the duties and responsibilities of a Restaurant Cook? What does a Restaurant Cook do?
Job Description of a Restaurant Cook
Restaurant Cooks are responsible for preparing meals in restaurants. They are not limited to just cooking, however, Restaurant Cooks often do prep work, clean their areas, order supplies and supervise subordinate kitchen staff.
Restaurant Cook Duties and Responsibilities
Restaurant Cook job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Prepare awesome meals for our customers.
- Weigh, measure, mix and prep ingredients according to recipes.
- Steam, grill, boil, bake or fry meats, fish, vegetables, and other ingredients.
- Work well under pressure and within the time limit.
- Ensure that kitchen area, equipment and utensils are cleaned.
- Help lead and inspire our kitchen staff with the restaurant manager.
- Check food and ingredients for freshness.
- Arrange and garnish dishes.
- Wow our guests with amazing dishes.
Restaurant Cook Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
Restaurant Cook job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Culinary school 2-4 year degree or foreign equivalency preferred.
- Ability to use slicers, mixers, grinders, food processors, etc.
- Able to handle work in a fast-paced environment.
- Prior experience in related food and beverage service and food preparation positions.
- Thorough experience with hot and cold food preparation.
- Good working knowledge of accepted sanitation standards and health codes.
As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal Restaurant Cook starts with crafting a good job description. Use this Restaurant Cook job description example to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs. Job seekers interviewing for the role of a Restaurant Cook may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
Similar to Restaurant Cook Job Description