Reservation Agent Job Description
Job Descriptions > Tourism and Hospitality > Reservation Agent
Common questions people ask include:
What is the job description of a Reservation Agent? What are the duties and responsibilities of a Reservation Agent? What does a Reservation Agent do?
Job Description of a Reservation Agent
Reservation Agents provide booking and reservation services to customers. These services may include reserving hotel rooms, airline tickets, rental cars, or cruise cabins.
Reservation Agent Duties and Responsibilities
Reservation Agent job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Assisting and advising customers who may be choosing from a variety of travel options.
- Making reservations for customers based on their various requirements and budgetary allowances.
- Checking the availability of accommodation or transportation on the customers’ desired travel dates.
- Helping plan travel itineraries by suggesting local tourist attractions and places of interest.
- Processing payments and sending confirmation details to customers.
- Sorting out any issues that may arise with bookings or reservations.
- Selling and promoting reservation services.
- Answering any questions customers might have about the reservation process.
- Up-selling, when appropriate, by informing customers of additional services or special packages, such as tour tickets, travel insurance, or upgraded seats/accommodations.
- Providing support to customers who may need to amend or cancel a reservation.
Reservation Agent Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
Reservation Agent job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- High school diploma.
- Relevant certification
- Experience working in sales or public relations, preferably in the hospitality or travel industries.
- Customer-service experience.
- Data entry experience.
- Flexible working hours.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal Reservation Agent starts with crafting a good job description. Use this Reservation Agent job description example to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs. Job seekers interviewing for the role of a Reservation Agent may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
Similar to Reservation Agent Job Description