Stewardess Job Description
Job Descriptions > Tourism and Hospitality > Stewardess
Common questions people ask include:
What is the job description of a Stewardess? What are the duties and responsibilities of a Stewardess? What does a Stewardess do?
Job Description of a Stewardess
Stewardesses, also known as Flight Attendants, ensure the safety and comfort of airline passengers. They prepare and serve meals and beverages, communicate important safety policies and rules, and help to maintain the interior of the plane during the flight.
Stewardess Duties and Responsibilities
Stewardess job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Performing preflight checks and ensuring the plane is well-equipped with emergency gear and enough food and drinks.
- Assisting with the boarding process, greeting passengers, checking tickets, and helping passengers to find their seats.
- Maintaining the cabin of the plane during flight, restocking supplies, and seeing to issues such as entertainment system malfunctions.
- Preparing, offering, and serving meals, snacks, and drinks to passengers.
- Assisting with the de-boarding processes in a timely and orderly manner.
- Explaining emergency and safety procedures to passengers and ensuring all seat belts are fastened.
- Directing evacuations and providing first aid in emergencies.
Stewardess Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
Stewardess job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED.
- A Bachelor's degree in Communication, Hospitality, or Psychology may be advantageous.
- On-the-job training and relevant certification.
- Knowledge of a foreign language may be advantageous.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Strong leadership qualities as well as teamwork skills.
- Willingness to adapt to a flexible schedule.
- First aid and CPR certification may be advantageous.
- Must hold a valid passport and meet the height and weight requirements for operating an airplane's facilities.
As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal Stewardess starts with crafting a good job description. Use this Stewardess job description example to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs. Job seekers interviewing for the role of a Stewardess may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
Similar to Stewardess Job Description