Food & Beverage Manager at Grand Pela Hotel and Suites
Grand Pela Hotel and Suites, managed by Premium Swiss Hotels & Resorts Zurich-Switzerland, is a luxury 4Star hotel located at the residential area in Durumi, near American Int’l School, Abuja. The Hotel is 30 minutes’ drive to/from Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport and 15mins from the city Centre of Abuja.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Food & Beverage Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: General Manager
- The Director of Food & Beverage is responsible for co-ordinating all phases of group meeting/banquet functions held in the Hotel; coordinate these activities on a daily basis; assist clients in program planning and menu selection.
- Solicit local group Food & Beverage business; maintain the services and reputation of Your Hotel and act as a management representative to group clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Achievement of budgeted food sales, beverage sales, labour costs and profitability.
- Completion of customer Follow-up calls on a timely basis.
- Timely analysis of Food & Beverage Prices in relation to competition.
- Participation and input towards F&B Marketing activities.
- Entertainment of potential and existing customers.
- Preparation of Sales Promotions & Mailings.
- Competitive analysis every six months by calling competition and gathering data such as banquet kits, room rental rates, etc.
- Telemarketing to previous clients to inquire about possible future bookings.
- Development and maintenance of all department control procedures.
- Handle all Food & Beverage inquiries and ensure timely follow up on the same business day.
- To co-ordinate with all large group meeting/banquet planners their specific group requirements with the services & facilities offered. This includes proposals, contracts, estimated and actual function statements. With banquet or conferences, the Chef is to be included in food related discussions.
- Completion of monthly forecast.
- Attendance and participation at weekly F & B meeting and Department Head meeting.
- To assist in menu planning and pricing.
- Development and maintenance of department manual.
- Supervision of weekly pay rollin put.
- Be available to Hotel Staff at all times in case of emergency.
- Must have a complete knowledge of Fire Procedures.
- All other duties as directed by the General Manager or Assistant General Manager.
- Participation in Manager on Duty shifts as required.
- To confirm all details relative to group functions with meeting/banquet planners.
- Supervision of daily paper flow including Proposals, and Function Contracts.
- Maintenance of Hotelcreditpolicies.
- Directly responsible for large function billings and overseeing medium/small function billings with particular regard to accuracy and timeliness (48 hours).
- Evaluation forms must accompany allinvoices.
- Gather for large events, oversee for medium/small events, guaranteed attendance numbers. They are required 3 business days in advance of functions.
- Assure bar inventory for functions, including opening and closing inventories, accurate bar summaries and cash deposits are prepared.
- Assure the maintenance of bar control policies.
- Assure completion of requisitions where deemed necessary.
- Assure the completion of weekly schedule and shift duties while:
- Maintaining a labour cost below the maximum of 15%.
- Assuring adequate and consistent.
- Completion of monthly inventory.
- Assure timely completion of function bills.
- Assure the ordering and purchasing of beer, wine, liquor, premix canisters and canned soft for Food& Beverage and vending.
- Work with the Chef, Assistant Director of Food & Beverage and Food & Beverage Supervisor to ensure all arrangements and details are dealt with.
- Establish a rapport with groups to ensure guest satisfaction and repeat business.
- Minimize number of customer complaints.
- Ensure a professional attitude and proper business attire when on property, ready to meet or service a client at any time.
- Staff professional attitude and proper meeting Company appearance and uniform standards.
- Teamwork-Relations with co-workers and management.
- Quality of Food & Beverage services and department phone handling.
- Purchasing of purchase requirements of small wares,linens requirements etc.
- Directly responsible for larger groups…overseeing medium and smaller groups:
- Consistent check of Banquet Food and Beverage quality, Banquet services and pallet presentation.
- Ensuring that services meet customer specifications.
- Quality of meeting room set-up.
- Liaise on an on-going basis with the Sales Department to ensure all client needs and requirements will be met.
- Meeting with convenors and confirming proper set-up of Function Room at time of Function while on duty.
- Responsible for staff training and development.
- Ensure all staff have ‘Smart Serve’ certification.
- Personnel selection.
- Responsible for overseeing all scheduling within the department.
- Participation towards overall Hotel Maintenance and cleanliness.
- Achieving service that exceeds expectations.
- Overall maintenance of the operation at a level in keeping with the standards prescribed.
- Minimize the number of Workmen's Compensation claims.
- Proper hiring procedures followed. For management positions, either the HR Manager or the Asst. General Manager must join the Director of Food & Beverage for all interviews. For line personnel, the Assistant to the Director of Food & Beverage must be present with the Food & Beverage Supervisor.
- Proper termination procedures must be followed.
- Department meeting being held monthly. General Manager, Assistant General Manager andHuman Resources Manager to be notified of meetings in a timely fashion.
- High employee retention.
- Personal development and growth.
- Discipline of personnel when required.
- Report any deficiencies in equipment and facilities.
- Post Graduate or Degree or three (3) years Diploma in Hotel Management or equivalent.
- Previous experience in similar Job role or minimum 4 years experience as Banquet Supervisor.
- Proven track records.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Application Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 4th February, 2022.