Librarian at Aminu Saleh College of Education, Azare
The Aminu Saleh College of Education, Azare is a state government higher education institution located in Azare, Bauchi State, Nigeria. It is affiliated to University of Maiduguri for its degree programmes. The Aminu Saleh College of Education was established in 1977. It was established as Advanced Teachers’ College.
The Governing Council of the Aminu Saleh College of Education, Azare Bauchi State, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for appointment as:
Job Title: Librarian
- The College Librarian is a Principal Officer in the College and is responsible to the Provost for the overall administration and coordination of the College Library, its branches in the Schools and Departments as well as in providing services for the entire College community.
Qualifications and Experience
Candidates for the post of College Librarian should not be below the rank of Principal Librarian or equivalent in academic library and must possess the following requirements:
- Minimum of Master's Degree in Library Science (MLS) with at least eighteen (18) years cognate experience
- Relevant scholarly publications in journals and textbooks equivalent to that of a Chief Lecturer is a must
- Proficiency in Technology (ICT) Information Communication
- Candidates must have spent at least 5 years as Principal Librarian or its equivalent in academic library.
- Successful candidate must not be above the age of fifty-nine (59) years at the time of taking up the appointment.
- Candidates for this post must demonstrate evidence of strong academic and administrative leadership, good human relations and positive managerial attributes.
- Membership of Librarians Registration Council of Nigeria
- Evidence of attendance of a continuous mandatory professional development.
Terms of Appointment
- The appointment of the candidate is for a period of five (5) years in the first instance, and may be eligible for reappointment for a second term of five (5) years subject to satisfactory performance and no more.
- The conditions of service are as contained in the 2015 revised conditions of service for Colleges of Education in Nigeria.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications in soft copy "read only" compact disks, two (2 Nos) using MS Word Package and Fifteen (15) hard copies with up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and copies of credentials which must include the following:
- Full Name, Surname underlined
- Marital Status and Number of Children
- Date and Place of Birth, Local Government Area and State of Origin
- Telephone Number(s) and e-mail Address(es) 5. Current Postal Address and Permanent Home Address
- Educational Institutions attended with dates 7. Academic and Professional Qualifications obtained with dates
- Academic Honours and Membership of Professional Bodies
- Work Experience in Chronological sequence 10. Present Employer, Status and Salary
- Evidence of Proficiency in Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Evidence of Medical Fitness from a recognized Government Hospital
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees one of whom must be the present Employer.
Applications should be submitted in sealed envelope marked "Application for the Posts of Librarian" on the top left-hand corner and addressed to:
The Ag. Registrar,
Aminu Saleh College of Education,
P.M. B. 044, Klm-3 Potiskum - Maiduguri Road,
Azare, Bauchi State.
- Referees: Candidates are required to ask their three (3) referees to forward Confidential Reports on them to the address mentioned above before the closing date.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged
Application Deadline 20th January, 2023.