Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Business and Finance > Operations Assistant (Underwriter) in a leading independent Investment Banking, Securities Trading and Investment Management firm
Operations Assistant (Underwriter) in a leading independent Investment Banking, Securities Trading and Investment Management firm
Jan 13, 2020, 2:11 PM
Workforce Group - Our client, a leading independent Investment Banking, Securities Trading and Investment Management firm. The firm is Nigeria's most trusted adviser, focused on providing advisory, execution and investment services to corporations, governments, institutions and individuals involved in investing in and developing Nigeria and Middle Africa is currently looking for suitable candidates for the role detailed below:
Job Title: Operations Assistant (Underwriter) Location: Lagos Duration: 3 – 4 months
- The Trading / Operations specialist is a key member of the operations team supporting trade processes, data management, client reporting and portfolio management functions. Members of this team will work closely with and communicate to and from the Sales, Finance, Investment Management and Securities Trading teams.
- The key requisites are strong computer skills, highly numerate, attention to detail, positive professional attitude, and ability to work in a team environment and to tight deadlines.
- To comply with policies and procedures of the company's Operations Manual, which include but not limited to the rules and regulations of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) and the Investment and Securities Act (ISA) and to follow and implement all SEC, NSE and ISA changes as they occur.
- The provision of high value service to internal and external clients in an environment that promotes the company's excellence.
- To contribute to productivity, efficiency and effectiveness improvements to drive exceptional client service and risk mitigation
- A friendly professional demeanour and ability to excel in a team oriented environment
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office suite especially Excel
- He should be able to endure immense work pressure and be very dependable.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- 3 - 4 years previous experience preferred but not required
- Knowledge of equities, bonds, treasury bills, and the intricacies of pricing, corporate actions and settlement activities specific to each
- Complete subscription and redemption documentation and procedures
- Receipt of subscription monies and payment of redemption proceeds
- Perform other duties as required
- Strong analytical and detail-oriented aptitude; a high degree of accuracy is required
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Ability to manage time effectively, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Registrars and CSCS runs
- Corporate action capture and processing
- Creation and cancellation of units
- Ability to learn and adapt to change
- Account Creation (CSCS, Zanibal)
- Sending of Welcome mail and E-statement to clients
- Certificate Management
- Managing internal unit holder registers
- Liaising with banks, trustees, registrars, etc.
Salary Quite Attractive + other incentives
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply onlineApplication Deadline 18th January, 2020.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts