Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > IT and Telecoms > Recent Job at Netcom Africa Limited for a Project Manager/Solution Architect
Recent Job at Netcom Africa Limited for a Project Manager/Solution Architect
Apr 9, 2019, 9:38 PM
Netcom has been Nigeria’s leading Internet Service Provider since 2004, staying ahead of the competition with cutting edge platforms in VSAT, WIMAX, Radio, and Fiber technology. Now, a pioneer in Business Transformation Solutions, we empower organizations to lead their market space by keeping pace with the rapid changes in IT innovations, ensuring relevance to specific business initiatives required to maximize revenue generation. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Project Manager/Solution Architect Location: Victoria Island, Lagos Reporting to: Head, Project Engineering Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Planning and implementing future network developments and undertaking project works.
- Design, setup and configure complex switching environments.
- Ensure implementation projects are completed in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Timely preparation and release of engineering project proposals (e.g. BoM, network diagrams and purchase requests).
- Interpreting clients' requirements, identifying and addressing design parameters and engineering problems and ensuring solutions are implemented.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Local Area Networking and Wide Area Networking.
- Managing assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
- Ensure that all projects are well documented and organized.
- Completing all assigned tasks as delegated by the management.
- Bachelor's degree in Electronics/Communications/Network/Computer Engineering
- Project Management Professional
- Cisco Certifications
- Microsoft Certifications
- Avaya Certification.
- Technical, analytical, problem-solving and interpersonal skills required
- Excellent IT/Computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office softwares, other company and specific software applications)
- Experience with IP Networking and Fiber Optic Network skills. At least with CCNA and/or CCDA certification
- Strong organizational skills, effective leadership skills and confident decision-making ability.
- Patience and the ability to deal with people.
- Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company.
- Availability in response to needs of the internal or customer for installation, maintenance and equipment malfunctions.
- Willing to perform work or support outside office hour.
- Highly motivated and resourceful.
- Must be a team player and be able to prioritize different request and requirements.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts