Senior Business Development Executive at Geoplex Drillteq Limited
Geoplex is the fastest-growing indigenous Service Company in Sub-Saharan Africa. Established in June 2002 to provide Oilfield Services to the fast-expanding Upstream Sector of the Oil and Gas industry in Nigeria and the West Africa Coastal Region, Government policies aimed at encouraging and ensuring more participation by competent Nigerians in the upstream Oil & Gas Industry have contributed to our growth process.
We need a technically sound and result-oriented individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Business Development Executive
Ref Code: GPLX/BDE/270822
Locations: Port Harcourt - Rivers & Lagos
- The role of the Senior Business Development Executive is typically to identify new business opportunities - new markets, new partnerships, new ways to reach existing markets, or new product or service offerings to meet the needs of existing markets through a combination of attending events, networking, participating in exhibitions and conferences, client visit, cold calling, incoming leads, tenders and RFQs.
- Champion all OCTG and Turnkey Related Projects
- Manage client as assigned by supervisor closely to meet Sales Target set in KPI
- Liaise constantly with clients to discuss job details and progress as well as clarify and resolve any issue pertaining to job operations and payment
- Win new businesses/clients
- Support in the preparation of bids and tenders
- Attendance at pre-bid meetings/technical audits
- Attend all meetings with the client for which assigned products have been offered or discussed
- Follow-up on all tendering processes
- Takes part in negotiation and pricing of bids
- Work closely with GM and SM (Sales and Marketing) to ensure set company goals are achieved with exceeding expectations
- Coordinate and Manage Technical Partners relationships
- Assume a leadership role in the commercialization process, liaise with Business Development, Sales and Marketing, Product Line, Manufacturing and Training to ensure a successful development and launch process
- Provide input for new product development and commercialization initiatives
- Roll out the assigned product to regional operations in conjunction with Product Service Line Managers and Business Development Managers
- Work with Product Line Manager to develop training and competency requirements for operations personnel along with the Training Manager
- Assist Marketing with technical brochures, advertising, and articles
- Marketing of Geoplex services (exhibitions and conferences)
- Ensure companywide compliance of standard operating procedures and quality standards for Product
- Promote technical excellence image of the company and Product Line (publish papers, attend/present at public forums, and otherwise gain recognition for the Product Line products and service)
- Handle special projects, as assigned by the supervisor and above in the organization
- Provide senior-level customer sales and technical support related to the assigned product
- Train/Coach/mentor less experienced Business Development staff as assigned
- Provide detailed reports as required for senior management
- Review customer impact failures and determine the necessary corrective actions related to the product assigned
- Engage new and prospecting Marginal Field Operators for new business entry in all Product Lines
- Review Contract T & Cs and review exceptions with GM and SM (Sales and Marketing)
- Assist with major tender proposals related to assigned product
Required Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field with a minimum of Second-Class Upper Degree
- The ideal candidate should possess a minimum of 7 years of experience in Sales & Business Development related activities preferably in the oil and gas servicing sector
- A problem solver with excellent Presentation and Negotiation skills.
- The ideal candidate should be very flexible and able to adapt to new situations and challenges.
- We are looking for highly self-motivated individuals with strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 8th August, 2022.