Safety Manager Job Description
Job Descriptions > Administrative and Office Support > Safety Manager
Common questions people ask include:
What is the job description of a Safety Manager? What are the duties and responsibilities of a Safety Manager? What does a Safety Manager do?
Job Description of a Safety Manager
The Safety Manager is responsible for ensuring that health and safety protocols are adhered to and that staff members are informed about safety protocols in the workplace.
Safety Manager Duties and Responsibilities
Safety Manager job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Assess equipment to gauge if they are up to safety standards.
- Monitor staff to evaluate if they are following health and safety protocol.
- Host presentations to educate staff about health and safety laws.
- Create a plan for the company to implement in order to avoid breaking health and safety laws.
- Investigate accidents in the workplace to evaluate how safety measures can be improved.
Safety Manager Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
Safety Manager job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- A degree in safety management.
- A qualification in occupational health and safety.
- Prior experience in safety management.
- Extensive knowledge of health and safety protocols.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Outstanding communication skills.
As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal Safety Manager starts with crafting a good job description. Use this Safety Manager job description example to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs. Job seekers interviewing for the role of a Safety Manager may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
Similar to Safety Manager Job Description