Facilities Manager Job Description
Job Descriptions > Administrative and Office Support > Facilities Manager
Common questions people ask include:
What is the job description of a Facilities Manager? What are the duties and responsibilities of a Facilities Manager? What does a Facilities Manager do?
Job Description of a Facilities Manager
Facilities Managers ensure that a building's services meet the needs of the workers it houses. Their primary responsibilities include inspecting and repairing electrical and plumbing services, managing janitorial duties and ensuring adequate catering and vending services.
Facilities Managers are tasked with ensuring that an organization’s buildings are well maintained and safe for employees and visitors. Facilities Managers are competent in many disciplines, from fire safety to negotiating contracts, and often are called on to use their expertise to make strategic recommendations on how operations can be improved.
Facilities Managers typically direct and supervise the activities of staff and contractors.
Facilities Manager Duties and Responsibilities
Facilities Manager job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Plan and coordinate all installations (telecommunications, heat, electricity etc.) and refurbishments
- Manage the upkeep of equipment and supplies to meet health and safety standards
- Inspect buildings’ structures to determine the need for repairs or renovations
- Review utilities consumption and strive to minimize costs
- Supervise all staff facilities staff (custodians, technicians, groundskeepers etc.) and external contractors
- Control activities like parking space allocation, waste disposal, building security etc.
- Allocate office space according to needs
- Handle insurance plans and service contracts
- Keep financial and non-financial records
- Perform analysis and forecasting
Facilities Manager Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
Facilities Manager job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- Degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
- x years experience in facilities management.
- Project management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Good time management.
- Good organizational skills.
- Multitasking ability.
As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal Facilities Manager starts with crafting a good job description. Use this Facilities Manager job description template to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs. Job seekers interviewing for the role of a Facilities Manager may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
Similar to Facilities Manager Job Description