Conference Centre Manager Job Description
Job Descriptions > Administrative and Office Support > Conference Centre Manager
Common questions people ask include:
What is the job description of a Conference Centre Manager? What are the duties and responsibilities of a Conference Centre Manager? What does a Conference Centre Manager do?
Job Description of a Conference Centre Manager
A conference centre manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of a conference centre. This includes managing all staff and centre services such as:
- reception/front of house;
- marketing, advertising and PR;
Conference centre managers lead the business by coordinating the involvement of the business’s operational management team, such as the catering manager and accommodation manager. They ensure that all services provided meet the clients’ needs and events are run efficiently, which may require liaising with an event organiser.
Managers must strike a balance between customer satisfaction and effective business management, which often means dealing with last-minute changes or solving problems as they arise. It is also their responsibility to develop the business by effectively planning ahead, managing future sales/marketing and efficiently budgeting to maximise income generated.
Conference Centre Manager Duties and Responsibilities
Conference Centre Manager job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Managing budgets and financial plans;
- Ensuring all events run smoothly;
- Taking responsibility for the recruitment, training, organisation and monitoring of staff;
- Taking responsibility for the sales and marketing of the conference centre, including pricing, promotions, image/brand and profile;
- Communicating daily with the management team, planning work schedules and checking client requirements;
- Dealing with customer complaints, comments and enquiries;
- Purchasing equipment necessary for the conference centre to operate;
- Supervising maintenance, supplies and equipment;
- Achieving profit targets;
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety, licensing laws and other legal regulations;
- Day-to-day troubleshooting and addressing problems as they arise.
- Leading by example in maintaining service standards;
- Negotiating with external service providers and suppliers as required;
- Applying current legal and in-house HR procedures to ensure the retention of good staff and the provision of high-quality services;
- Researching markets to identify new business;
Conference Centre Manager Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
Conference Centre Manager job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- A good graduate degree in relevant field. For example, Business Administration.
- More education or experience in a related field may be preferred.
- Ability to multitask and remain calm under pressure, especially during intense situations.
- Exceptional interpersonal, customer service, problem-solving, verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of management principles and familiarity with company products, services, and policies.
- Proficiency with necessary technology, including computers, software applications etc
As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal Conference Centre Manager starts with crafting a good job description. Use this Conference Centre Manager job description template to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs. Job seekers interviewing for the role of a Conference Centre Manager may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
Similar to Conference Centre Manager Job Description