Supervisor Job Description
Job Descriptions > Administrative and Office Support > Supervisor
Common questions people ask include:
What is the job description of a Supervisor? What are the duties and responsibilities of a Supervisor? What does a Supervisor do?
Job Description of a Supervisor
Supervisors give instructions to and oversee the work of other employees and may be charged with making sure great customer service is provided. Unlike managers, they do not typically have the responsibility of hiring or firing employees.
Supervisor Duties and Responsibilities
Supervisor job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Making sure employees that report to you meet performance expectations.
- Giving instructions or orders to subordinate employees.
- Approving work hours.
- Ensure great customer service at all levels.
- Ensuring that the work environment is safe, secure and healthy.
- Meeting deadlines.
Supervisor Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
Supervisor job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- Previous leadership experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Eye for detail and accuracy.
- Proactive organizational skills.
- High school diploma.
- Ability to keep a positive attitude in a fast-paced environment.
- Reliable, with high integrity and strong work ethic.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Professional appearance and attitude.
- Computer literacy.
As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal Supervisor starts with crafting a good job description. Use this Supervisor job description example to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs. Job seekers interviewing for the role of a Supervisor may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
Similar to Supervisor Job Description