Area Sales Manager Job Description
Job Descriptions > Sales > Area Sales Manager
Common questions people ask include:
What is the job description of an Area Sales Manager? What are the duties and responsibilities of an Area Sales Manager? What does an Area Sales Manager do?
Job Description of an Area Sales Manager
Area Sales Managers are employed by companies to generate revenue from an assigned geographical location by implementing and executing strategies to achieve sales targets. They manage and lead Field Sales Representatives, conduct sales territory analyses, and close sales.
Area Sales Manager Duties and Responsibilities
Area Sales Manager job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Managing, training, and providing overall guidance to the sales team of an assigned territory.
- Setting reasonable sales targets to be achieved by the sales team.
- Utilizing outbound telephone calls, email communications, and face-to-face meetings with customers to close sales.
- Developing and sustaining long-term relationships with customers.
- Implementing a sales management process to assist the sales team in identifying and prioritizing key customers and prospects.
- Monitoring the performance of the sales team and motivating members to meet or exceed sales targets.
- Collecting customer feedback and providing updates to senior management.
- Traveling to potential and existing customers within an assigned sales area to present company offerings and build brand awareness.
Area Sales Manager Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
Area Sales Manager job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Management, or related field is preferred.
- Proven sales experience; sector-specific sales experience is preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding negotiation and consultative sales skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Proven track record of meeting sales quotas.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent management, leadership, and organizational skills.
As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal Area Sales Manager starts with crafting a good job description. Use this Area Sales Manager job description example to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs. Job seekers interviewing for the role of an Area Sales Manager may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
Similar to Area Sales Manager Job Description