Brand Manager Job Description
Job Descriptions > Marketing and Communications > Brand Manager
Common questions people ask include:
What is the job description of a Brand Manager? What are the duties and responsibilities of a Brand Manager? What does a Brand Manager do?
Job Description of a Brand Manager
A brand manager is responsible for the overall image of an organization, product or person. They are in charge of building brand awareness and improving market share, which makes them an important role when it comes to driving market growth.
Key elements of the job are researching the marketplace to determine where the product or client fits in (i.e., analyzing competitive positioning, products, brands and spending); developing marketing and advertising strategies and managing those budgets; helping create designs and layouts for print and digital advertising concepts signage and collateral; overseeing promotional activities; analyzing pricing and sales; and (re)evaluating how the brand can appear to a wider consumer base.
Brand Manager Duties and Responsibilities
Brand Managers perform a variety of functions and roles including:
- Researching and analyzing consumer behavior, market trends and competitor activity.
- Establishing budgets, performance specifications and sales estimates.
- Developing and implementing strategies that resonate with the target market.
- Planning and executing marketing initiatives including campaigns, events, sponsorships and corporate social responsibility programs.
- Building brand awareness and increasing brand value and profitability.
- Increasing product sales and market share.
- Measuring and reporting on campaign performance and assessing KPIs and ROI.
- Collaborating with different teams such as marketing, creative, legal, etc.
- Overseeing the production of advertisements, promotional materials and mail campaigns.
- Ensuring that messaging and marketing activities are aligned with brand and company values.
Brand Manager Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
Some common skills and qualifications required of Brand Managers include:
- Degree in business, marketing or related field.
- Previous experience in developing brand and marketing strategies.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Previous experience in managing and leading teams.
- Highly organized and perform well under pressure.
- Budget management skills.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal Brand Manager starts with crafting a good job description. Use this Brand Manager job description template to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs. Job seekers interviewing for the role of a Brand Manager may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
Similar to Brand Manager Job Description