Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answers
Common questions people ask include: What is the job description of a Media Buyer? What are the duties and responsibilities of a Media Buyer? What does a Media Buyer do?As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal Media Buyer starts with crafting a good job description. Use this Media Buyer job description template to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs. Job seekers interviewing for the role of a Media Buyer may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
Media Buyer Job Description
Job Descriptions > Marketing and Communications > Media Buyer
This Media Buyer job description template includes the list of most important Media Buyer duties and responsibilities. It can be modified to fit the specific Media Buyer profile you're trying to fill as a recruiter or job seeker.
Common questions people ask include: What is the job description of a Media Buyer? What are the duties and responsibilities of a Media Buyer? What does a Media Buyer do?
Job Description of a Media Buyer
Media buyers negotiate the price of and purchase television/radio airtime and advertising space within newspapers, magazines and other printed publications. Advertising costs are rarely constant, particularly for television broadcasts, where prices are related to viewing figures. Basically, Media buyers negotiate and buy advertising inventory for clients. They ensure that ads reach target audiences through high-quality channels at the lowest possible prices.
Media Buyer Duties and ResponsibilitiesMedia Buyer job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Help identify target audiences and plan media campaigns
- Compare and negotiate rates, ad space and airtime
- Optimize plans and budgets according to the best media mix
- Ensure they get the best airtime slots.
- Prepare schedules and adjust when needed
- Experiment with new platforms and channels
- Ensure ads are creative and displayed appropriately
- Monitor costs and return on investment (ROI)
- Report to clients and build long-term relationships
Media Buyer Requirements / Skills / QualificationsMedia Buyer job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- B.Sc/BA in Marketing, Advertising or related field
- Proven experience as Media Buyer or similar role; experience in digital media is preferred
- Familiarity with media-buying, planning and research
- Organizational and multitasking abilities
- Attention to detail
- Critical thinking skills
- Interest in following advertising and media trends
- Working knowledge of media analytics software (e.g. comScore)
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
Similar to Media Buyer Job Description