Blog Manager Job Description
Job Descriptions > Marketing and Communications > Blog Manager
Common questions people ask include:
What is the job description of a Blog Manager? What are the duties and responsibilities of a Blog Manager? What does a Blog Manager do?
Job Description of a Blog Manager
Blog Managers are responsible for managing blog content as online content has become an extremely important part of almost every business. Blog Managers have a very important role in organizing, planning and implementing content strategies. They are usually responsible for setting up the whole content strategy to support the overall marketing and sales strategy.
Blog Managers are usually members of marketing teams.
Blog Manager Duties and Responsibilities
Blog Manager job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Writing various types of articles, blogs and other online resources
- Covering many different industry topics
- Providing feedback to other contributors, and editing others' content
- Conducting analytical projects to improve blog strategies/tactics
- Optimizing content for search engines (SEO) and lead generation
- Creating well structured study guides and case studies
- Performing industry research
- Growing blog subscribers and expanding the overall blog's reach
- Contributing to long-form content projects such as ebooks
Blog Manager Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
Blog Manager job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- A passion and strong understanding of the industry
- Understanding our business' mission and vision
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our business
- Excellent organizational skills to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts
- x years of marketing and content creation experience.
- An analytical mind and interest in using data to optimize/scale blog marketing strategies and tactics
- Experience and knowledge in content writing best practices
- Excellent SEO skills
As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal Blog Manager starts with crafting a good job description. Use this Blog Manager job description example to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs. Job seekers interviewing for the role of a Blog Manager may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
Similar to Blog Manager Job Description