Content Writer Job Description
Job Descriptions > Marketing and Communications > Content Writer
Common questions people ask include:
What is the job description of a Content Writer? What are the duties and responsibilities of a Content Writer? What does a Content Writer do?
Job Description of a Content Writer
Content Writers produce relevant content on websites, blogs, articles, white papers, product descriptions, and social media platforms for a target audience.
Content Writer Duties and Responsibilities
Content Writer job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Conducting in-depth research on industry-related topics in order to develop original content.
- Developing content for blogs, articles, product descriptions, social media, and the company website.
- Assisting the marketing team in developing content for advertising campaigns.
- Conducting keyword research and using SEO best practices to increase traffic to the company website.
- Creating compelling headlines and body copy that will capture the attention of the target audience.
- Identifying customers’ needs and recommending new content to address gaps in the company's current content.
- Proofreading content for errors and inconsistencies.
- Editing and polishing existing content to improve readability.
Content Writer Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
Content Writer job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, English, Journalism, or related field.
- Proven content writing or copywriting experience.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Effective communication skills.
- Working knowledge of content management systems.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
- A portfolio of published articles.
As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal Content Writer starts with crafting a good job description. Use this Content Writer job description example to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs. Job seekers interviewing for the role of a Content Writer may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
Similar to Content Writer Job Description