Business Development Specialist at African Human Development Centre (AHDC)
African Human Development Centre (AHDC) is a non-governmental, research and development organization dedicated to the development of African human resources. It was founded in 2004 as Global Wealth. The name Global Wealth had to give way to the new name African Human Development Centre (AHDC) in the course of registration with the Corporate Affairs Commission.
The organization was registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission in 2007 (CAC/IT/No.23790) under the Land Perpetual Act of 1990. It is also registered with Akwa Ibom State Government through the Ministry of Women Affairs & Social Development. The vision of AHDC is to see a society free of poverty, marginalization and exclusion. Our mission is to promote political and socio-economic development of women, children and people with disabilities through advocacy, capacity building and model service delivery. The core values of AHDC are transparency, integrity, equity and hard work.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Specialist
Location: Uyo, Akwa Ibom
Employment Type: Full-time
The preferred candidate should:
- Conduct on-line and off-line development research to identify new funding opportunities.
- Collaborate with organizations to determine the most viable, cost-effective approach to pursue new funding opportunities.
- Meeting with potential donors and stakeholders to present organizational strength and negotiate partnership and grant making deals.
- A minimum of Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Business Management, Marketing, Sociology, Arts, Public Health, or related discipline. Master’s Degree in any of the fields will be an advantage
- Proven experience of at least 3 years working as proposal development officer or similar role in the not-for profit.
- Adept at identifying opportunity calls, able to make sound decisions, have exceptional proposal writing skills as well as demonstrate excellent analytical, communication and time management skills.
- Strong in developing and sustaining solid relationships with donors, coalitions, networks, alliances and stakeholders including Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) of government.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and management skills.
- Exceptional negotiation and decision-making skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- Strong in scanning and analyzing donor environment and interest for proposal opportunities.
- Able to provide dependable insight into proposal content development for excellence and competitiveness.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- The ability to travel within short notice.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae all as MS Word document to "AHDC" via: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Applicants are advised to provide functional email address and mobile phone number on the application letter.
- Also, to be provided are names of 3 professional references, their functional email addresses and telephone numbers.
- AHDC is an equal opportunity employer, which does not discriminate based on tribe, state of origin within Nigeria, religion, age, sex, race or on different physical ability.
- AHDC does not require that this information is included in your application and it will not be used as selection criteria
Application Deadline Wednesday; 29th June, 2022.