Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answers
Common questions people ask include: What is the job description of a HR Specialist? What are the duties and responsibilities of a HR Specialist? What does a HR Specialist do?As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal HR Specialist starts with crafting a good job description. Use this HR Specialist job description template to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs. Job seekers interviewing for the role of a HR Specialist may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
HR Specialist Job Description
Job Descriptions > Human Resources > HR Specialist
This HR Specialist job description template includes the list of most important HR Specialist duties and responsibilities. It can be modified to fit the specific HR Specialist profile you're trying to fill as a recruiter or job seeker.
Common questions people ask include: What is the job description of a HR Specialist? What are the duties and responsibilities of a HR Specialist? What does a HR Specialist do?
Job Description of a HR SpecialistHuman Resource (HR) Specialists recruit, support, train, and place employees of a company. Depending on the company’s size, a human resource department may have multiple HR specialists to perform specific tasks including overseeing performance reviews and maintaining employee records.
HR Specialist Duties and ResponsibilitiesHR Specialist job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Prepare and review compensation and benefits packages
- Administer health and life insurance programs
- Implement training and development plans
- Maintain organizational charts and detailed job descriptions along with salary records
- Forecast hiring needs and ensure recruitment process runs smoothly
- Develop and implement HR policies throughout the organization
- Monitor budgets by department
- Plan quarterly and annual performance review sessions
- Inform employees about additional benefits they’re eligible for (e.g extra vacation days)
- Update employee records with new hire information and/or changes in employment status
- Process employees’ queries and respond in a timely manner
- Stay up-to-date and comply with changes in labor legislation
HR Specialist Requirements / Skills / QualificationsHR Specialist job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- B.Sc/M.Sc in Human Resources or relevant field
- Proven work experience as an HR Specialist or HR Generalist
- Hands-on experience with Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS), like BambooHR and PeopleSoft
- Knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good problem-solving abilities
- Solid understanding of labor legislation and payroll process
- Familiarity with full cycle recruiting
- Team management skills
Similar to HR Specialist Job Description