File Clerk Job Description
Job Descriptions > Administrative and Office Support > File Clerk
Common questions people ask include:
What is the job description of a File Clerk? What are the duties and responsibilities of a File Clerk? What does a File Clerk do?
Job Description of a File Clerk
A File Clerk takes care of file management and maintenance. A File Clerk will be responsible for organizing all the paperwork according to an efficient filing system.
File Clerk Duties and Responsibilities
File Clerk job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Track and manage all the incoming paperwork and make copies before filing and distributing
- Sort all papers alphabetically
- Sort according to content type, dates, significance etc.
- Create and update records
- Always strive to make retrieving easier and more efficient
- Follow policies and procedures for personal data protection
- Monitor and manage inventory of files, paper clips etc. and report shortages
- Store all paperwork in designated places
- Enter paperwork into an electronic system
- Manage file access requests and keep logs
- Develop an efficient filing system
File Clerk Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
File Clerk job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- High school degree or equivalent
- x years of experience as file clerk or similar role
- Good knowledge of filing systems
- Good knowledge of MS Office and office equipment
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Great attention to detail
As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal File Clerk starts with crafting a good job description. Use this File Clerk job description example to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs. Job seekers interviewing for the role of a File Clerk may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
Similar to File Clerk Job Description