Department Manager Job Description
Job Descriptions > Administrative and Office Support > Department Manager
Common questions people ask include:
What is the job description of a Department Manager? What are the duties and responsibilities of a Department Manager? What does a Department Manager do?
Job Description of a Department Manager
Department Managers oversee the functioning and productivity of a company's division. Their primary responsibilities include recruiting and dismissing staff, establishing and working towards strategic departmental goals and managing a departmental budget.
Department Manager Duties and Responsibilities
Department Manager job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Recruiting, interviewing and orienting new staff members.
- Monitoring and evaluating staff performance.
- Managing a departmental budget and forecasting budgetary requirements.
- Communicating job expectations to staff.
- Conducting training and seminars for continued skills improvement.
- Fostering a productive working environment.
- Ensuring adherence to company and industry regulations.
- Setting strategic long and short-term departmental goals and evaluating outcomes.
- Motivating and inspiring staff and facilitating personal growth.
- Ensuring high levels of productivity are maintained.
- Ensuring the highest levels of quality are met.
Department Manager Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
Department Manager job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field.
- MBA advantageous.
- Results driven.
- Mathematical and statistical aptitude.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Self-motivated and confident.
- Highly organized and diligent.
As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal Department Manager starts with crafting a good job description. Use this Department Manager job description example to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs. Job seekers interviewing for the role of a Department Manager may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
Similar to Department Manager Job Description