Inventory Clerk Requirements, Skills & Qualifications
The following common skills and qualifications are required of an Inventory Clerk:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Experience in retail and/or inventory sector is preferred.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills.
- Pays close attention to detail.
- Possesses physical strength necessary to lift boxes and other heavy items on a regular basis.
- Is capable of using computer inventory software.
- Is capable of employing basic math skills.
- Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Demonstrates professional and polite demeanor with customers.
- Exhibits ability to read and interpret inventory reports, sales reports, and packing slips.
- Demonstrates strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Works well with a team.
- Manages time efficiently.
- Possesses broad knowledge of the range of store products and services.
Note that this is not an exhaustive list of Inventory Clerk skill, qualifications and experience. Job requirements for specific Inventory Clerk roles may vary, depending on the industry and type of employer.