What is the job description and role of an Air cabin crew? What are the duties and responsibilities of an Air cabin crew?
Air cabin crew Job Description
Airline cabin crew are responsible for the comfort, safety and welfare of passengers travelling on aircraft during flights to and from destinations.
Working as a flight attendant for a major airline is often perceived to be a glamorous and exciting job. The air cabin crew of a commercial airline are jointly responsible for the safety and comfort of its passengers.
Job Description / Duties / Functions / Roles / Responsibilities of an Air cabin crew
- Cabin Crew sell duty-free commercial goods and pursuing sales targets
- producing written flight reports after completing a journey.
- serving meals and refreshments
- checking the condition and provision of emergency equipment and information for passengers
- cabin crew greet passengers as they board and exit the plane
- showing passengers to their seats and providing special attention to certain passengers, such as the elderly or disabled
- Cabin crew administer first aid
- demonstrating emergency equipment and safety procedures
- dealing with emergencies
- supplying passengers with newspapers, magazines and in-flight entertainment
Many airlines require cabin staff to live within close proximity of a particular airport, and crew members may have to go away at short notice if on call. Working hours may involve long shifts and unsociable hours, and it may be necessary to work during public holidays. However, many cabin crew members enjoy the chance to interact with a wide range of people, and the opportunities to explore and enjoy global destinations are almost unparallelled.
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!