Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answers
Common questions people ask include: What is the job description of a Market Researcher? What are the duties and responsibilities of a Market Researcher? What does a Market Researcher do?As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal Market Researcher starts with crafting a good job description. Use this Market Researcher job description template to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs. Job seekers interviewing for the role of a Market Researcher may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
Market Researcher Job Description
Job Descriptions > Marketing and Communications > Market Researcher
This Market Researcher job description template includes the list of most important Market Researcher duties and responsibilities. It can be modified to fit the specific Market Researcher profile you're trying to fill as a recruiter or job seeker.
Common questions people ask include: What is the job description of a Market Researcher? What are the duties and responsibilities of a Market Researcher? What does a Market Researcher do?
Job Description of a Market ResearcherMarket researchers collect and analyse data and information that is valuable to their clients who are made up of organisations, businesses and government departments. The information they provide helps their clients to make informed political, social and economic decisions. As a market researcher, you may be employed directly by a company (known as client-side), where you would collect information on customer opinions, investment and marketing decisions. The majority of market researchers, however, are employed by marketing agencies that range in size, where work is carried out on numerous projects for different companies and industries. Market researchers tend to specialise in either quantitative or qualitative research. Quantitative research involves working with statistics and percentages and can deliver quick results. Qualitative research involves analysing opinions and can provide the reasons behind certain percentages. Qualitative research is a longer process, sometimes lasting years. The exact type of work carried out by market researchers varies according to the employer (whether they work client-side or for an agency), the industry in which the client is based and the type of research being carried out.
Market Researcher Duties and ResponsibilitiesMarket Researcher job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Advising clients/senior management on how to best use research findings;
- Managing budgets.
- Briefing interviewers and researchers;
- Undertaking ethnographic research (observing people in their homes and other environments);
- Using statistical software to manage and organise information;
- Monitoring the progress of research projects;
- Meeting and liaising with clients to negotiate and agree research projects;
- Preparing briefs and commissioning research;
- Conducting qualitative or quantitative surveys, which may involve field, interview or focus group assessments;
- Liaising with and managing survey staff;
- Moderating focus groups;
- Writing and managing the distribution of surveys and questionnaires;
- Analysing and interpreting data to identify patterns and solutions, including surveys and focus group transcripts;
- Formulating a plan/proposal and presenting it to the client or senior management;
- Writing detailed reports and presenting results;
Market Researcher Requirements / Skills / QualificationsMarket Researcher job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- B.Sc degree in Statistics, Marketing or related field
- Proven market research experience
- Ability to interpret large amounts of data and to multi-task
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Excellent knowledge of statistical packages (SPSS, SAS or similar), databases and MS Office
- Search engines, web analytics and business research tools acumen
- Familiarity with CRM programs
- Adequate knowledge of data collection methods (polls, focus groups, surveys etc)
- Working knowledge of data warehousing, modelling and mining
- Strong analytical and critical thinking
Similar to Market Researcher Job Description